Bereavement Support Group
A new Bereavement Support Group is being formed at Our Lady of Lourdes.
The Group will meet at 7PM the first and third Tuesday of the month in the Rectory Meeting Room.
We go through a bereavement process whenever a drastic restructuring in our lives happens to us--- usually, through no fault of our own.
Whether it is from a loss of a dearly loved one or a loss of a job, or something not in our control that completely changes our lives. Those that we depend on for emotional support are no longer there and we have to reorganize our lives – look for new direction.
What the Support Group is Not:
- Lectures on how you get over it
- Therapy group
- Stand up and talk about how you feel
- Pep rally
What the Support Group Is:
- Individuals voluntarily sharing their concerns in a small group (4-6)
- Individuals voluntarily sharing their experiences in going through bereavement
- Helpful guidance and exercises, some that you may want to do on your own
- Spiritual guidance to give you strength
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals and family members recently affected by bereavement process
- Individuals who have had experience in reorienting their lives and want to help others
This group is being supported by the Norwich Diocese Office of Faith Events